Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Welcome to The Voice of Reason

Hello readers, my name is Christopher Menard. I have set up this blog for several reasons, mainly because as an aspiring journalist I am trying to gain a following of readers. Also, I feel like in these scary times we live in, it is important to have an alternative to the fly by media that dominates your television screen. My blog will feature a very aclectic range of topics, basically whatever I am feeling that day. I previously had my posts on facebook, but found that maybe well though out articulate editorial, has no place on facebook. Now that is not to bash facebook, I would say as far as social networking goes it's spot on, but not a place to engage intelectual conversation. I hope the audience here will not only read my posts but give me feedback, whether you agree or disagree.
I would like to tell you a little something about myself to begin with. I was born February 25, 1985 in West Warwick, RI. I have younger brother, Andrew, who was recently married. My parents, Debra and Micheal, have been married for twenty five years and still going strong. The whole fam loves sports, baseball in particular.........Lets Go Red Sox!!!!!!! We all reside in Myrtle Beach, SC now. Love the beach, hate the traffic and I will say every year the CanAm festival is enough to make me sick. I graduated high school in this lovely beach town and though there is a lot to do here, it's laregely a tourist trap. This will no doubt be a source of a post or two. I will be using this blog as a platform to discuss my political views, and doing my part as a true conservative to inform Americans of what is going on in this country. Whether you agree or not you are welcome to read and comment however you like. I love conversation and unlike my extreme right counterparts, I am more open to listen to the whiny liberals, may not agree, but i will listen
Writing about myself is not my favorite thing to do, but if you have any questions I am happy to answer. So without further adue I give you The Voice of Reason. I hope you enjoy

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Well, I for one am interested in what you'll be having to say.
Came over from Deb's blog.

Ginger said...

Welcome to the world of blogging. It gets pretty addicting, but fun. I came over from your mom's blog to say hi.
I've never been to Myrtle Beach, but it sounds like fun...anything with the word beach in it sounds like fun to me. But I know what you mean about it being a tourist trap, having spent 25 years in Vegas. Every 3 day weekend turned our freeways into a parking lot with tourists. But I guess that helped keep our taxes down, for awhile.

Anonymous said...

Welcome to blogging! Checking you out from your Mom's blog, which I read from time to time.
Please take this with all the kindness I intend, spellcheck is your friend! I see you want to be taken seriously as a journalist and I assure you there are those that will rip you to shreds over little things like that.
Looking forward to seeing what you have to say in future posts!

Mrs4444 said...

Came over from Deb's blog to be polite, but I'll be back, because I'd love to hear what you have to say! Welcome to Bloggyville :)

Sunny said...

(From Deb's blog)

Welcome to the blogosphere! Good luck in journalism, it's a tough career but worth it if you have the passion. (Which I don't, I discovered after a four-year college degree in journalism and a 6-month internship at a magazine.) :)

Ash said...

Can't wait to hear all you have to say!! I'm all for open debate and respectful rebuttal.

Bring it on!

(I think that above anon post was from your mom ;-)

Welcome to this crazy bloggy world. Em

Jenni said...

Following! How can I not? A conservative Red Sox fan who's mom is Soxy Deb?! Perfect!

Christine said...

YAY FOR YOU!!! I read your moms blog..I'm going to follow you too. Welcome to blogging.